Author Topic: Specified transport not available (Visual Studio 2005)  (Read 2120 times)

Offline martidem

Specified transport not available (Visual Studio 2005)
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:23:46 PM »
I'm trying to create a new project using Visual Studio 2005 (old, I know, but it's what we have in-house).  I'm using version 6.8.0.0 of wcl.dll.  When I try to enum radios, I get a "Specified transport is not available" error.  Since it works fine in the BluetoothDiscoveryDemo project, I went so far as to copy the button and code verbatim.  Same error.

I've searched the forum and have tried what was suggested in other topics.  I've removed and added the wcl reference -- numerous times, using the dll from the redist folder and from the demo folder.  I always get the transport error in my new app.  I've made sure that the manifest file is present (again, copied from multiple locations just to see if that was the problem).

It seems to me that everything is identical to BluetoothDiscoveryDemo, but I'm getting the error.  Any ideas?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
Re: Specified transport not available (Visual Studio 2005)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:30:21 AM »
It may appear if you didn't "load API" (wclAPI.Load).

Offline martidem

Re: Specified transport not available (Visual Studio 2005)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
Good call!  Thanks!  Per the BluetoothDiscoveryDemo project, I copied the form load event function as follows:

private void fmPairing_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            wclAPI.Load();
        }

But if I move the wclAPO.Load() after the InitializeComponent() call, it loads.  I'm new to Visual Studio, so I must be missing something in throwing that event.  I'll look into that.  Thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9