Author Topic: Using OPPServer and OPPClient on Toshiba Stack  (Read 13009 times)

vvsoles

Using OPPServer and OPPClient on Toshiba Stack
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »
Hi,

I'm seeing a problem when I have a OPPServer running and then use an OPPClient to send data from my PC to the mobile device.  I only create OPPClient when I need it and disconnect when I've finished sending the data.  What I see is when the OPPClient does a connect(), it creates another server with the same characteristics as my OPPServer. It also seems to create another server when I disconnect. This happens every time I do a connect and disconnect.  To confirm this was happening, the mobile device I am sending the data to runs Linux and I do a sdptool search --bdaddr PCaddress OPUSH from the device and it shows all the OBEX servers running on the PC.  I was able to reproduce using the demo app BluetoothOPPServer and BluetoothOPPClientDemo.  The BluetoothOPPServer is just listening and it is not receiving anything.  With the BluetoothOPPClientDemo I just do a connect to the mobile device.

I am seeing the problem on the Toshiba stack.  I do not see any problems on the Microsoft stack.

Is this a toshiba stack problem or is this a bug with the WCL SDK?

Thanks.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Using OPPServer and OPPClient on Toshiba Stack
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't say why it appears because we have never faced such issue. We will try to reproduce the problem and then I'll back to you with more information. However, Client.Connect() doesn't call any server functions from Toshiba API so it looks as Toshiba issue. But we will check.

vvsoles

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
Do you have any update on this problem?

I did some testing using the OPPServer sample and a sample application from the Toshiba SDK.  My test consisted of having the OPPServer listening and using the TosBtOBEXApiTest.exe application to act as the client.  I send a file to my mobile device and I do not see multiple servers being created.  I don't think it is a toshiba stack problem.  It always happenings when using OPPServer and OPPClient.  I do not see the problem with any of the other stacks.

This problem is a showstopper for my application as a large amount of my customers use the toshiba stack.

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »
We are still on that.

WCL doesn't use any OBEX API from any stack as not all stacks have it. WCL uses just standard RFCOMM connection to a service and has its own OBEX implementation. However, we did tests and couldn't reproduce the issue yet. I will update you as we will have some news.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »
Hi,

We do lot of tests and couldn't reproduce your issue. As you know, Toshiba has its own OPP Server running. When you start WCL OPP Server it adds one more record in Toshiba SDP. When you start WCL OPP Client it doesn't add any records. When you close WCL OPP Server, then new added SDP Record has been removed (and of course toshiba one is still there).

So all works as expected.

vvsoles

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
Hi,

This problem happens ever time for me.  I've tested on multiple computers with the same result.  What toshiba stack did you test with and what program did you use to check the sdp records?  Can you please describe the steps for your testing and what OS it was tested on.  I have tried it on Windows 7 and XP.

Thanks.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »
I used BluetoothDiscovery demo with MS drivers (which allows to parse SDP records manualy) and Toshiba on other - all works as expected. We are not Linux (Bluez) programmers and never used one so I don't know how it works. May be there are some bugs/issues, who knows. But on Windows platforms WCL (and Windows is what WCL designed for) works as expected.

vvsoles

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
I think I need to clarify how I reproduce the problem.  My computer is running Windows XP SP3, I have an external bluetooth dongle which I install the latest toshiba stack. On this computer I run first the sample BluetoothOPPServer and press Listen.  I then run BluetoothOPPClientDemo on the same computer.  When I do a connect to my mobile device, I see another server created.  I originally had used my mobile device to look at the records on the PC but just recently I used the sample application from the toshiba SDK, TosBtAPITest.exe to look at all the service records on this computer.

I have not seen this problem with Microsoft, Widcomm, or BlueSoleil.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »
What exactly toshiba version do you use?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:13:14 PM by Mike Petrichenko »

vvsoles

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
The toshiba stack I have tested with is 8.00.03.  I also have used an older version that came with my cirago dongle that is version 5.32.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
Ok, The issue has been reproduced. In fact its not a WCL bug but its Toshiba issue (how it notifys about its events). It sends same events to ALL registered "recepients" not to only function caller. So all applications receive the same event even it appears in only one.

Not sure how to "workaround" that as there is no "function caller identifier" in toshiba events (actualy Toshiba uses Windows Messages as events (very stupid idea)). Will think what I can do with that.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »
It looks fixed now. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you fixed version back.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7