Author Topic: OPPServer issue with Microsoft Stack  (Read 9145 times)

vvsoles

OPPServer issue with Microsoft Stack
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »
I'm using the sample OPPServer to test receiving files from two different devices.  When I send files at the same time to the server, I receive one file and then the server closes itself.  I get no notification that the server encountered a problem.  Its just no longer running.  I verified it by checking the sdp records.  I tried the same thing on the Toshiba stack and did not have this problem. 

I also had on my own obex server that did not use the WCL and it did not encounter a problem.

I was testing it on Windows XP SP3.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: OPPServer issue with Microsoft Stack
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
Hello,

Just tested:
1. Server on Win 7, SDP on XP, Client - Nokia N72 (3 times connecting and sending file) - all works
2. Server on XP, SDP on Win 7, Client - Nokia N72 (3 times connecting and sending file) - all works.

Can you send me your code which reproduces the problem?

By the way, server is designed as it "disables" SDP record when client is connected. After client disconnects it "enables" SDK back. It is because one server can accept only one connection. To be able to accept more than 1 connection you have use more than 1 instance of the server (it is because of Channel number and related to some stacks).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:04:02 AM by Mike Petrichenko »

vvsoles

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
My testing was two mobile devices are the Client and are sending files to one server on Win XP.  I understand that it can only deal with one connection at a time but what I see is the server closes itself when a second device tries to connect to it when the first device is connected and sending a file.  The server should never close itself.  I am only using the OPPServer sample application to reproduce the problem.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »
That makes sense now. Going to test it and back to you shortly.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
Ok, Tested.

Clients: Nokia N72 and SonyEricsson K750i. When first connected and is sending the second one can't connect. When first one finished sending and disconnected second can connect. All works as expected. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue. Can you send me the code which reproduces the problem?

I will setup few wclOPPClients which will random send files to one wclOPPServer so may be can reproduce the issue. However please check that wclAPI.OnChanged event doesn't fire when server going down.

At present I can recomend to reopen server if it goes down as it is a little bit hard to reproduce I can't say the exact time when it can be fixed. Any new information about this bug will be really appreciated
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:32:50 PM by Mike Petrichenko »

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
Finally I could reproduce the problem. It appears only 5 or 6 times on a lot of tests and only on first server run and when one device is just disconnected (disconnecting) and the other one is trying to connect (looks like resolving services). Very strange issue as there is no code which closes the server at this point. Only API changes (radio removal/malfunction) may cause the server closing.

I will check it more and try to fix the problem. Will keep you updated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7