Author Topic: Virtual COM port for RFCOMM Server?  (Read 8659 times)

jjohnston

Virtual COM port for RFCOMM Server?
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
Is it possible with WCL to create a Virtual COM Port that is connected to a RFCOMM Server?  I looked at the VirtualPort example and it seems to show how to create a Virtual COM port when connecting to a remote service, but not when creating a server.

I have a phone application that connects to a specific Serial Port Service.  I'd like to write a PC application to create a Serial Port Service and associate it with a Virtual COM port.  The reason I'm trying to do this is I already have another PC application that was written to send and receive data over COM ports.  I'd like to use this application to send and receive data from the phone.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Virtual COM port for RFCOMM Server?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
Hello,

Unfortunately no, WCL does't support vCOM on PC as on server side. vCOM is supported only for client connection.

jjohnston

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »
As a follow up question, does the wclServer support the use of the wclAuthenticator?

I've download the trial version of WCL and was doing some simple testing with it.  I'm using the Toshiba stack on the PC.  On the PC, I wrote a test application that pairs with the phone using a PIN code and then creates a Serial Port Service using the wclServer.

After pairing, the phone connects to the Serial Port Service on the PC.  When that happens the wclAuthenticator OnPINRequest event handler is not called, but the Toshiba stack prompts the user for PIN code.  If the PIN code is manually entered in the Toshiba prompt, the connection works but I would like to avoid this manual entry.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Hello,

Toshiba doesn't provide API for wclAuthenticator support as for Server side. wclAuthenticator works on Toshiba only for Client connection.

With regards your situation. Toshiba has its own SPP service running and you have to disable it before use wclServer. Otherwise your cell will connect to Toshiba service. Also, you may use wclServer without PIN. Siple set Authentication property to False.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7