Author Topic: WCL hanging on load()  (Read 14406 times)

PhillLX

WCL hanging on load()
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:07:08 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm currently writing a .dll for incorporation into a clients software, using WCL.
Basically I'm writing a WCL wrapper to use on their software.
Now I've hit a bit of an issue. When the load() function is called, the function hangs and never continues.
It should be noted that the demo apps included all run perfectly. The program can see and access wcl.dll and before the load() function is called, I can query the version number using the CwclAPI class, so it is all there.
Cheers for your help. Any further questions, just ask.

Phill.

Edit:
Some more information:
When I try to load the wcl api, my program loads up to the winusb.dll and the program stops and the sample code loads more .dlls after that.
I have tried using a windows message queue and the standard message queue in the Qt framework. Nothing seems to start up the api.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:12:55 AM by PhillLX »

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: WCL hanging on load()
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:42:19 AM »
Hi,

Can you please provide more informatrion about your system: OS version, Bluetooth driver manufaturer and version (if possible), does you PC have WiFi? There was a known issue with loading RAPI in DLL but would be great to know at least asked info about your system.

PhillLX

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »
Could have sworn I hit reply to this on Friday.

Bluetooth Device: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter
Driver: Vista+
Yes, my PC does have Wifi. Is there a known way I can remove the loading of RAPI?

What I don't understand is how the samples can run, but my project cannot.

Cheers.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:30:02 AM »
Hello,

I'll prepare a test version for you today so we can be sure what is a problem. It appears only when WCL runs in DLL on some PCs.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7