Author Topic: WCL with WiiBalanceBoard  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Piero

WCL with WiiBalanceBoard
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »
Dear Sirs,

we just downloaded the WCL VCL Devoleper Edition for use with Delphi XE3. We are in particular interested into communication with Nintendo Wii devices, so we tested the WiiMote.dproj example to see how the library works.
Unlikely, while we were able to connect with a WiiMote device and get it working, it has been not possible to connect with WiiBalanceBoard devices.
In fact, by clicking on the "Discover" button in the Demo the balance board is correctly found and identified, but then when I click on "Connect" button, I always get the error:
Wiimote device was not found or invalid device path.

I tried both checking or unchecking the HID checkbox, always same result

I am using Bluesoleil 8.0 drivers on a Win7 x64 pc. Other applications based on Blusoleil drivers are working with this same balance board, so we don't think the problem is in the hw.

Could you please give me some help about this issue? In fact, the main reason of our interest in WCL is just working with Wii Balance Board!

Thank you very much
Regards
Piero

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
Re: WCL with WiiBalanceBoard
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:05:38 PM »
Hello,

On BS 8 you should at least once execute "Functions Search"/"Services search" in BlueSoleil window or using BluetoothDiscoveryDemo. After that BS connects to BB without any problem. On BS 10 it works without that problem.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
After more tests it looks we found the problem. Now trying to fix it.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:00:45 PM »
Hello,

Please, find attached updated version. Now it should work good.

Offline Piero

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »
Hello,

I tested the new demo with the Wii BalanceBoard and it is ok, even if seldom I got errors like "Access Violation" or "Out of memory" when trying to connect.
By referring to the WiiMoteDemo, I see that after pushing the Disconnect button, I have to restart from "Discover" to establish a new connection. Is this the normal behaviour?

We want to buy the WCL VCL Devoloper version. As I can understand from specifications, such library include also Bluetooth drivers, that is I have no need to buy BT drivers from other suppliers such as BlueSoleil. Am I correct?

Thank you very much for all your support.

Regards
Piero

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »
Hello,

Yes there were few bugs we already fixed and now testing the fixes. I think later today I will share updated verdikn which works much better.

You do not need to rediscover a board after disconnecting but has to put it in connectable mode (by pressing red button agsin) and then simple connect (as a MAC address is already known).

WCL does not include any BT drivers but as it supports all popular BT drivers (BlueSoleil, Microsoft, Toshiba and WidComm) you do not need to buy any ss if PC hss Bluetooh onboard/connected it alreafy hss BT driver. And since Win7 MS driver supports all BT dongles.

Offline Piero

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
Hello,

thanks for your clarifications.
I have one more question:
I want to connect two BalanceBoards. The WiiMote demo doesn't allow this, so I tried by executing two instances of the demo and connecting each instance to a different BalanceBoard, but this doesn't work very well, because when connecting the second platform to the second instance of the WiiMoteDemo, the first instance (that I previously connected to the first platform) crashes.

Anyway, this is not a real problem, because what I want to do is to develop a program in which a single instance of the executable manages two simultaneous connections to two BalanceBoards.
Does your SDK allow this?

Thank you again.
Regards, Piero

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
Hello,

Yes, it is possible to use 2 (or more) Wii devices. For now it works great with Microsoft, WidComm and Toshiba. In comming update should work with BlueSoleil as well (BS now does not work with more than 1 Wii because of some bugs during updates).

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:51 PM »
Updated version. May contain some bugs or memory leaks (it is not final version yet).

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
    • Soft Service Company
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
Final fixed version has been released

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9