Author Topic: Bluetooth stacks (confused)  (Read 16739 times)

OneEng

Bluetooth stacks (confused)
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »
Hi,

I am in the process of making a bluetooth enabled product using the wcl.  It is my hope to support all the major radio's out there in windows devices for our product.

My DELL computer (Latitude E6540) uses an internal radio and the microsoft bt stack.  In order to test other bt stacks, I have purchased bt USB dongles to test with.

The current one is from MEDIALINK, but it is a broadcom BCM02702A0 product.

No matter what I do, the bluetooth stack I am using ends up being the MS bt stack (according to wcl).  I have turned the wireless off on the laptop and uninstalled the drivers.  FYI, if you don't turn the wireless off, windows simply re-installs the drivers when you reboot.

I have loaded all the broadcom software, but still the system uses the microsoft bt stack.

I remember a few years ago having a different DELL computer and it definitely did NOT have the MS bluetooth stack.

Is there a way for me to test the different blue tooth stacks on my laptop (windows 7), or do I need to find computers that have different bluetooth stacks installed in their OEM install?

I am quite confused on how this works!

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Bluetooth stacks (confused)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
Hi,

WidComm (BroadComm) on Win Vista, 7, 8 is just an extention for MS stack. So it always be detected as MS. However you can try BlueSoleil or Toshiba.

OneEng

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
Thanks Mike.  That makes a great deal of sense.

If I use Brodcomm on Windows XP will it show up as a different radio stack then?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »
Yes, on XP it appears as WidComm

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7