Author Topic: Issues with new version of BlueSoleil BT Driver with WCL.net  (Read 14823 times)

Raj

Hi Mike,

There are issue's with WCL.net when coded with the latest version of BlueSoleil's BT Driver, which is meant for VISTA.

(There is a newer release from BlueSoleil for VISTA OS.  Version is 5.0)

Even your's WCL.net demo application is not working with it.
Some of the Issue's  are listed below :
1. Name of the device can't accessible. (Code :-String Name = Device.Name(Radio); )
2.Class of Device not accessible. (Code:- String ClassofDevice = Device.ClassOfDevice(Radio).ToString();)
3. Not able to show paired device.

accept from these the major problem is wclFTPClient.Dir() is not working. Didn't generated any of the error but didn't raised any event for the directory listing completed event.

Link to download latest version of BLueSoleil BT driver is :
http://www.ivtcorporation.com/download/BlueSoleil_Download.php

File Name :-IVT_BlueSoleil_6.0.226.0_for_32bit_OS.zip

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Issues with new version of BlueSoleil BT Driver with WCL.net
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »
I am not sure that it is good idea to install third party drivers on Vista. And I am not sure that WCL somewhen will support the newest versions of third party drivers on Vista. Vista has perfect build-in Microsoft bluetooth stack.

Raj

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 05:55:16 AM »
Hi,

But on VISTA your application doesn't load... I don't know what is the problem but it crashes.

Regards
Raj

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:35 AM »
How does it crush? What is the error message?

Raj

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »
Sorry !...

It is working now, it is the problem of bluetooth driver on Vista with HP notebook.

Mike, here I have an question,
As you know when we connect with bluetooth with Microsoft stack, it puts them in the history. Please let me know that how can I clear the connections programatically.
Even if I make, redicover all devices, then it show the devices from the history,
Please let me any clue,how  to solve this problem.

One more problem. If I am communication with a single device it works fine. but when I make connection with second device it does not respond. I am making my connection close, initailse all the wclftpclinet object.

Regards
Raj..........

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
You should call Unpair method for all discovered devices. then then history list clears (because in history stored only paired devices).

Also you need to use one object per connection. If you want more than 1 active connection you need use more than 1 object.

Raj

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:50 AM »
Hi Mike,

Actually I didn't understand the concept of having multiple connection.
If I have 2 phones listed then should I have two different instances of wclFtpClient, and from both client I can make two different connection, is it possible !

Mike, can we have some documentation of your library, even the partial one............ it should help us..............

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
If you have 2 phone you need 2 instances of components. Each one connected to one phone at the same time. If you do not have concurrent connections (connections at the same time) you can have one component which will be connected to one phone hen disconnected and connected to other one.

I'll upload the doc ASAP.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7