Author Topic: WCL.NET with VB.NET  (Read 11316 times)

TheodorosGR

WCL.NET with VB.NET
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
Hello!
This is my first post and i want to ask some question prior buying(and of course to clear out which version is suitable to me) WCL.
I started with Bluetooth Framework Developer (demo) and i realized that it has been stopped from development.So i guess it will be better with WCL.NET.But the problem is that i am a VB.NET coder(dont like much C#) and i can't test it(C# demo included with demo version).Is there any simple Bluetooth discovery demo made with VB.NET?
Is it necessary to use Backgroundworder with WCL (in order to avoid freezing UI while discovering)?
Thanks a lot and looking forward to buy this marvelous library!
Regards
Thiodor

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: WCL.NET with VB.NET
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:07:13 PM »
Good day!

Unfortunatelly currently ther is only C# demo. Later VB.NET will be included as well. I can recomend to use any .NET Decompiler and decompile the exe builded from C# into VB.NET. it is very easy to do :)

WCL is completly asynchronius library and you do not need to use any separate threads (backgroundworkers) for the library (except few specific things such as Pair and InRange functions).

P.S. I used Reflectr to decompile the .NET projects. It can output it in VB.NET/Delphi.NET/C#/IL and may be other laguages.

TheodorosGR

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!!!
I hope there will be a vb.net demo(as i said,a simple one,just discover and populate devices) so i can start testing (actually rewriting the hole application)as soon as possible.
Cheers!

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »
Will try to make it ASAP

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7