Author Topic: Com Port Not Closed (ComPortCreator)  (Read 7443 times)

jayburt

Com Port Not Closed (ComPortCreator)
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
I am testing out your WCL Framework to see if it meets our needs. We have a custom bluetooth device that uses the serial port service to transmit data. We already have another framework setup to transmit and receive data via serial port for this device (because we also have a straight serial device as well, this device happens to feature bluetooth on it). I am just trying to setup the bluetooth connection and pass along the com port to use to our existing framework. From my understanding, all I need to do is pair to the device, get the service, use the com port creator to setup a virtual com port for me to pass into our existing framework. I have this all setup and working, got some quirks, but my main issue is that when I close the com port creator and then unpair the device my bluetooth on my pc still shows it having an active connection same as my custom device. What do I need to do to make sure the connection and com port are closed when I need them to be?

I am using Windows XP Pro 32 bit, BlueSoleil version 5.4.10.20050912, and our custom bluetooth device.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Com Port Not Closed (ComPortCreator)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:21:46 AM »
Good day!

All you need is to forget about COM ports when working with bluetooth. If you want to use Bluetooth connection use wclClient component to connect to device directly without any virtual ports. Of course, the component can work with any transport: IrDA, Serial or bluetooth, but if your device supports bluetoth use direct connection.

jayburt

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:25:12 PM »
If I use the Client component, how do I get the what com port it is using so I can pass it to our other framework that reads/writes data to the device?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
Why do not rewrite your code to use direct connection? It is not good idea to have virtual ports for bluetooth, especially, the WCL does not support COM POrt creator.

Any way, you should close all serial communications before closing com port creator.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7