Author Topic: A Solution for Handsfree?  (Read 14422 times)

Swifty

A Solution for Handsfree?
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
Hi Mike,

I have been tentatively checking these forums for the past 6 months or so since you mentioned you would be working on HFP support.
Unfortunatley my application is nearing completion and I need to get some HFP support working..
I see Bluesoleil have an SDK that supports HFP but I can't use that directly in .net (it's over my head a little).

Any idea if I could use WCL to create a connection to the phone and dial the number (or display an incoming call) but also have the phone paired in the Bluesoleil software and set the HFP service to connect?
My idea is to basically use WCL within my application to display the calls and control the phone, but for audio (I want to use the desktop as a handsfree device) rely on Bluesoleil automatically connecting to the phone (or somehow manually forcing it to)

Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks!

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: A Solution for Handsfree?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »
Good day!

I don;t think it will work, because:

1. Phone usually accepts only one active connection.
2. Even if phone accepts more than 1 connection, the SCO uses RFCOMM (ACL) as control channel and phone rejects second control channel connection.
3. BlueSoleil can't work as a SCO server what is required for use PC as hands free.

Swifty

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply Mike.
Thats a shame, I thought I'd figured a temporary solution there!
Point 3, (unless I misunderstand) I think they must have added this in a recent version ? - They have their own dialler software (http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/index.asp?topic=BlueSoleilDialer) and it states you need to be using the recent version of bluesoleil..

I noticed in a old post you gave the impression the older BT Framework was capable of HFP.. is that correct? as this is all I really need - none of the other wireless parts in WCL.net

I can't believe this could be such a hard thing to do.. I have been searching through google results all day today and have yet to find any .net examples / api's etc.. for HFP over bluetooth. It seems a much undisclosed area of the BT stack.. :(

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »
Audio Gate Way is most hard thing :)

I don;t know how BS dialer works and what the functions it uses, but by my experiene I was never success with BS and PC as handsfree. It works more or less with toshiba and widcomm ut never with BS.

It is in plans to implement HS profile in the library but unfortunately I am still fighting with it.

Myakka

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
Mike,

I just wanted to follow up on the HandsFree profile. Does the current library support the audio stream now? Thank you.

vikaz

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
Hi! I am also interested in this topic! Interestingly, the developers CENTRAFUSE (http://www.centrafuse.com/CentrafuseAuto.aspx) make a Bluesoleil (bsSDK.dll). :(

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly we have no time when it can be available.

What is correlation between WCL and CENTRAFUSE? We are not in relation.

Myakka

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
Thank you mike. Have you begun to work on HSF or HPF? I am curious if you are facing problems or just too buy with other features.

Are there any libraries supporting it already? Sorry if I sound impatient, just excited about the possibilities.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
First, not all stacks allow to use those profiles. It is not our main goal for now so we do not work on it too extensive.
No, there is no one other lib support HSF, HPF or any other audio profile. At leat I do not know one.

vikaz

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly we have no time when it can be available.

What is correlation between WCL and CENTRAFUSE? We are not in relation.

I'm not saying that you cooperate with them! This program is written in .NET and they were able to realize the function of Handsfree. :) A living example! :)

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
Very good. As I wrote we have no such function in WCL and I do not know when we will have it.

BTW, there is not only BlueSoleil. There are at leat 3 more stacks. And we have implemented it for all in our internal products.

Myakka

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
Mike,

I think we are trying to tell you, please work on HFP as there is a decent demand for it. I know I would purchase a commercial license if it was included.

Myakka

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
Mike,

This recent MSDN document makes it look like SCO is quite possible (Dated 3-19-2010)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff536675%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

What do you think?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 05:42:52 AM »
This is out of our plans. If you need it urgent we can discuss the development cost. But it will not be cheap.

P.S. The link you gave. If you could read it more attentively you could find that that was described for BT driver extension which will work on Vista and Win 7 only.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7