Author Topic: OBEX send status  (Read 7024 times)

Mobicasting

OBEX send status
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »
Setup and goal
I have an application that basicly combines the Auth demo with the OPPClient demo. After discovering, i'm sending everyone a file and everyone must provide a valid PINcode. When i have send file #1 to device #1 it must send file #2 when the device has succesfully received and accepted the first one. I want to wait sending the second file if the user has declined the file and send the same file again later.

Problem
I have an Windows Mobile phone ( HTC Kaiser ). With the older BTF it was the case that first the file was send to the device ( always resulted in succes ) and then the phone asks if i wanted to save the connection and that resulting in either SUCCESS or IGNORED ( smartdevice ). Now, with the new WCL, i have an PutComplete-event. Whenever i deny or accept the file, it results in success. I can check if the connect() failes when they provide a wrong pincode, but that will not do because the phone remembers the connection. If i send the second file, it won't ask for a PINcode but just accepts it.

Question
How can i know when a user accepts or denies a particular file? ( different for smart devices? ).

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: OBEX send status
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »
You should analize result code of OnConnect and OnSendComplete events.

Mobicasting

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »
Yes, i have done that.

the OnConnect event of wclClient is succes because the PIN is fine. When saved by the phone, the PIN is also fine. It's after that. The wclClient only has wclClient_OnOBEXPutComplete and always results in SUCCESS because the file is just send to the smartphone and returns. So the file is succesfully delivered at the smartphone ( given the return of wcl.wclErrors.WCL_E_SUCCESS ) but the decision on the phone ( saving the file or not ) is not communicated back.

What am i missing?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »
If file sent you can not know what use does with file than. Phone never report about that because connection already dropped (disconnected).

Mobicasting

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:46:10 AM »
Ok. Thanks :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7