Author Topic: Authenticator Issue  (Read 11364 times)

jayburt

Authenticator Issue
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
I have a custom device that uses a PIN Code and only has a Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. When using your framework, I can connect via MS Stack and BlueSoleil. When I try and run on a computer that has Widcom the Authenticator wont open and throws an error code of 4. It will then connect for about a second visually on the stack icon but then drops the connection (if there was even one) but my device shows no indication of a connection via its light, I am assuming because the device rejected the connection because a PIN was not supplied. I am using the wclClient and the wclAuthenticator in C# MS version 9 with SP. Is there something I am missing?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Authenticator Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »
Authenticator supports only MS, BS and Toshiba stacks. It does not support  WidComm.

jayburt

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
On Widcomm, how do I supply a PIN without the user typing it in?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »
Use Device.Pair(PIN).

jayburt

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »
I can use that in conjunction with wclClient or have to do it with Device.Pair(PIN) and Device.EnumServices, and so on?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
With device (wlcBluetoothDevice)

jayburt

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »
Ok since I have to use wclBluetoothDevice for widcom, using wclBluetoothDevice will work for the other stacks as well instead of using the wclClient? Also is the ComPortCreator class ever going to be implemented again? I would like to do things one way for all the stacks and since wclClient allowed me to read and write to the stream without a port it was perfect but since now I have to use wclDeluetoothDevice, I need a serial port now, also mainly do to our legacy code that requires a com port.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:47 PM »
Yes, The Pair method works with all stacks.

No, WCL will not contain COMPortCreator. If you need Serial Communication use wclClient as well with Transport = atSerial. For bluetooth communication you do not need serail ports.

jayburt

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Ok here is what I got.

I have a Bluetooth device that uses a bluetooth serial port to send data back and forth.

I need to connect to it, pair with a PIN, connect to the serial port service, (and either write directly to the stream or get a com port to pass to older code to interact with the device).

What you say is the easiest way to do this with your framework without having to have multiple branches for the different stacks?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 04:08:09 PM »
use wclClient to connect to device and send/receive data. Use wclBluetoothDevice object and its Pair method to pair with device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7