Author Topic: "Internal driver error"  (Read 10236 times)

ehartwell

"Internal driver error"
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
I'm using WCL .NET 6.7.2 with a C# application .NET 3.5sp1. We're testing on Windows XP sp3, Vista, and Windows 7 with mostly Microsoft and Widcomm drivers using a variety of dongles and internal adapters.

Occasionally we get an "Internal driver error" report from the WCL library. The connection seems to be still active, since buffered data blocks still transfer.

The problem rarely repeats right away, though it appears that
 1) it usually happens when sending or receiving a long stream of data (>100K)
 2) it's more frequent with Widcomm drivers, especially on netbooks.

Questions:
 1) What does "internal driver error" mean?
 2) Is there anything we can do to prevent the problem?
 3) Is it safe to ignore it and resend the failed data?

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: "Internal driver error"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
Hi!

When do you get this message? When trying to send data (Write method) or when trying to connect to device?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
Hi

I have tested it on Samsung NC10 netbook (WidComm 5.5.0.7000). Issue appears when you use wcl2wbt.dll from OLD folder (based on old WidComm SDK). With wcl2wbt.dll based on new WidComm SDK all works without any problem. However, we have changed some code related to widcomm no so long time ago (this changes fix some other issues as well) so it should work good with comming WCL release.

ehartwell

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »
The problem still happens using 6.7.3. I've added logging to my beta test versions, and it appears that the error happens both on send and receive, using both Microsoft (XP, Windows 7) and Widcomm stacks. We're still trying to get our hands on some laptops with Toshiba drivers so we can test those.

The problem is not consistent; it usually (but not always) triggers when sending or receiving a lot of data, i.e. > 100K.

We've just found a possibly related issue, where send and receive apparently blocks while the application is busy. I've posted that under the OPPClient and multiple threads thread; could this be causing the "Internal Driver Error" report?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
As I could undestand from your post in OPPClient topic this issue may appear because your app is busy (main thread). As a solution - run all bluetooth communication code in separate thread. However, this separate thread must have own window and message loop.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7