Author Topic: Where can I download bluetooth drivers?  (Read 18069 times)

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Where can I download bluetooth drivers?
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
You can use the following links to find bluetooth driver mutched for your dongle.

BlueSoleil
Microsoft
Toshiba
WidComm

It is possible to install any driver for any bluetooth dongle if you will use stepsas described here.

Nature

Re: Where can I download bluetooth drivers?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else has tried to distribute large numbers of dongles with the Toshiba stack. Does anyone know how to licence it for use on non-Toshiba machines? Is this something we have to leave our customers to purchase and install themselves?

Background

We purchased hundreds of dongles that came with cds that have the Toshiba drivers on them, for some reason after 30days the Toshiba drivers expire. I have been reading about this on Toshiba's own website and have contacted their techincal support, the answers are rather vague. It seems that you must buy a licence for 29EURO per installation if not using the stack on either a Toshiba machine or a Toshiba BT dongle. I explained that the dongles came with the stack on a CD and asked if there was any way to stop the expiration this was the reply:

"The software is not expiring by default if it came along with the USB BT adapter.
Only the BT stack on our website expires on none toshiba hardware.
So the solution for you would be to get an updated version of your USB BT adapter vendor."

I will also contact the manufacturer but they have previously referred me to Toshiba.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Where can I download bluetooth drivers?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »
I DO recomend to do not use Toshiba stack. Use MS instead. It is easy to install any dongle with MS stack. And also it is not hard to ship your own updated INF file for your dongle.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7