Author Topic: WLC opearion on Vista platform  (Read 7313 times)

hessuhessu

WLC opearion on Vista platform
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »
Hello,

I am having a litle porblem with bluetooth device names. Connection between the dongle and all the devices works properly on Windows vista but the connection made on widcomm stack doesent seem to give the whole name of my bletooth devise while with MS stack the device name seems to be correct. Do you know if there is a maximum lenght for the BT device name on widcomm stack. Funny thing also is thaht the problems accure only when running the software in vista.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: WLC opearion on Vista platform
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
There is no WidComm stack on Vista. Vista uses MS stak always. Check that your app runs with administrative rights.

hessuhessu

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »
yes the program operates on administrative rights.. It seems thaht when i try to use the the dongle that normally works with widcomm stack the system cant find the whole name but when i change to use the dongle made for the MS stack everyting works good..

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »
What WCL version do you use?

I do repeat: there is no WidComm stack on Vista and on Win 7. Search on this forum please.

hessuhessu

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
WLC version is 6.7.0.0. I solved the problem by reducing the lenght of the BT device name to 16 chars so now the program works with boath belkin and epox dongles.

thanks for the help in this matter.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7