Author Topic: Random Connection problem  (Read 9573 times)

hessuhessu

Random Connection problem
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:37:39 PM »
Hello,
i am using the lates WCl version 6.7.2.0 and running my softwre on widcomm stack. The system has funny problem. When i try to connect 4 or more device the connection freeses the system permanently or for long predios at a time randomly.. i have tried to find the problem form my code for example the connectiontime out time is quote long.. but it seems that the porblem is located somewhere in the WCL.. i also noticed that the freez of the system can be stopped by removing the dongle from the USB port. Does the WCL set some registeries thaht control the dongle caus it seems thaht the dongle is set to some stages where it cant retrun.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Random Connection problem
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:03 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have been noticed about this issue and already fixed it. Fixes will be available in comming 6.7.3 release.

hessuhessu

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »
Hello i updated my WCL to form 6.7.2.0 to 6.7.3.0 the widcomm freezing has not gone a way.. And new problem has ocured. At somtimes the when i try to form connections the system freezes befor any connections are made and also the bluetooth dongle seems to be set to the connection mode and even when the software is stopped and all the connections are shut down and the WCL api is unloaded the dongle just tries to do the connections.. these problems seem to bee widcomm stac relatedbecaus when i use dongle that operates on microsoft bt stack the problems are gone. Thanks for the help

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:26:59 AM »
Hi

If you try connect to several devices at the same time, check ProximitySender demo. If it will not work - then the issue is in WCL. If it will work - then the problem is in your code.

Any way, let us know about result and about WidComm driver version, OS version and demo code which will reproduce the problem.

hessuhessu

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
I tryed the ProximitySender demo  and it works fine but the proxmity sender doesn't seem to use the wcl.wclClient that is use in my software.. so are they comparable?
And aslo the freezing occures during the connection or when i call the cl.wclErrors.wclShowError( wclClient.Connect( ) ); and the freezing stops when the dongle is unpluged

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
ProximitySender uses wclClient (actualy wclOPPClient which is derived from wclClient) internaly. So it looks like issue is in your code.

hessuhessu

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
Hi,

But when i use other dongle and MS stack the freezing seems to disapear.. i will try to find the problem and report back to you when or if i find it.. thanks for the help

hessuhessu

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
Hi,
again.. coud the porblem be in the widcomm drivers.. i am currently using 5.5.0.7400 software version..

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
If proximitySender runs then I do not think it is problem in widcomm. However, would be great to check your code on our side. If you don't mind, send ti to me on mike@btframework.com - I will check it and back to you.

hessuhessu

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:05 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to bother you like this but it seems thaht the freezing occures from this->
The connectin fails for some reason and then the software tries to connect again rightaway  in side the wclClient_OnConnect(). when the sytems comes out from this evet the whole system is freezen untill the wclClient_OnConnect() event is raised again.. is could this be the problem..

public void m_wclClient_OnConnect( object sender, wcl.wclConnectEventArgs e)
      {

if (e.Error != wcl.wclErrors.WCL_E_SUCCESS)
         {

//if program gets here it tries to re do the connection
            foreach( BTCommunication BT1 in UsedBTCommunications)
            {
               BT1.connectBT();
            }
            if(counter >= 10)
            {

ConnectionsFail();
            }
            counter++;
         }
         else
         {

DeviceIsConnected( DeviceStroage[BTconnections].ToString() );
            BTconnections++;

if (BTconnections == DeviceStroage.Count)
            {

connections = BTconnections;
               BTconnections = 0;

ConectionsAreReady();

Misc.addConnections(UsedBTCommunications);
            }

}

}

BT1.connectBT()->
where W1 is wclClient
public void connectBT()
      {
         if (connect)
         {
            if (W1.State != wclClientState.csConnected && W1.State != wclClientState.csConnecting)
            {

wcl.wclErrors.wclShowError(W1.Connect());
            } //wcl.wclErrors.wclShowError(W1.Connect());
         }
      }

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7