Author Topic: App crashes using proximity sender after random time  (Read 9916 times)

pekus

App crashes using proximity sender after random time
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »
Hi,
I'm having a strange problem using WCL (.NET Version).
My program runs fine using proximity sender, but after (random) time, it launches a Windows error indicating memory access error.
In the moment of the error, I can't catch exception in .NET environment, and the app stops to works completely, the only option is to close it.
The only thing I can note is that if I comment this line on GetFiles event, the apps doesn't crash:

private void wclProximitySender_OnGetFiles(object sender, wclGetFilesEventArgs e)
{
  // THIS LINE COMMENTED STOPS THE PROBLEM, BUT NO FILE IS SEND TO BLUETOOTH DEVICES, OF COURSE
  e.Files.Add(sPathEnvFIle);   
}

Important info about the error:
- proximity sender is working trying to send different files to different devices. In my actual tests, the file is the same to many devices, but it could be different;
- the devices doesn
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:47:49 AM by pekus »

pekus

Re: App crashes using proximity sender after random time
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:53:36 AM »
(...continue here...)

Important info about the error:
- proximity sender is working trying to send different files to different devices. In my actual tests, the file is the same to many devices, but it could be different;
- there is no human interaction in the process (this is part of my test: try to send, and no response for the user);
- logging steps in my app, the last event of proximity sender is always SendComplete (wclProximitySender_OnSendComplete). App always crash after a SendComplete finalization, because my last log is the last statement in SendComplete event;
- I'm having this problem with the last version of wcl.dll version 6.7.3.0, but the crash occurs with the previous version too;

My development machine: Windows XP SP 3, Visual Studio 2008 Express, Widcomm driver 5.1.0.3300

Any idea?

Thanks,

Alexandre.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:31:10 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your report.

Do you run it on Intel Atom CPU based PC? If yes - we have no solution for that.

pekus

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
Hi Mike,

No, the processor is other, it is an AMD Semprom 3000+ 1.61GHz (1GB RAM).

Another info: the ProximitySenderDemo works fine in the same machine. The difference between my app and ProximitySenderDemo is that my app sends different files to many devices, ProximitySenderDemo sends the same files to many devices.

Any idea?

Alexandre.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
Hi,

Its strage as it does not matter what files send to. Are you sure all the files you want ot send to are available? May be path wrong?

pekus

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 12:59:41 AM »
Mike,
Yes, I'm sure. During my tests, I fixed the file path/name to test, and the same error occurred.
Alexandre.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:45:46 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I will check. Would be really helpfull if you can create a ticket with this issue on support.btframework.com

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
Hi,

I have tested it with sending different file for each found device. Unfortunatly I could not reproduce the crash. It would be great if you can send us simple app and its source code which can reproduce the issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7