Author Topic: Error in 6.7.3 that wasn't present in 6.7.2 while enumerating radios  (Read 8330 times)

MattWhitfield

Hello

I have just upgraded to 6.7.3 and it has introduced a problem with enumerating radios. The error I receive is that the 'specified transport is not available'. You have previously posted two reasons for this on the forum - wcl2wbt.dll not being available and a "very old" widcomm driver.

Well, wcl2wbt.dll is present in %windir%\system32\ and is version 6.7.3.0. The bluetooth software I have is 5.5.0.3200, which I only downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

It's worth noting again that this did not happen in 6.7.2 - that worked just fine. And literally the only code needed to reproduce this is:
Code: [Select]
    wclAPI _apiHandle = new wclAPI();
    _apiHandle.Load();

wclBluetoothRadios radios = new wclBluetoothRadios();
    int i = _discovery.EnumRadios(radios);   
    if (i != 0)
    {
        wclErrors.wclShowError(i);
    }

For extra information, the device I am using is a Belkin F8T017, and the O/S I am on is Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Another question - when purchasing, is it possible to purchase a license and then download an older version?

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Error in 6.7.3 that wasn't present in 6.7.2 while enumerating radios
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
Hi,

Make sure, that wcl2wbt.dll is the same version as library. It may cause the problem.

Yes, after purchase you can get all old versions in current release. It means:

if you purchased wcl 6.7.3 then you can get all wcl 6.7.x (6.7.0, 6.7.1, 6.7.2) and (depends on your license) future versions.

MattWhitfield

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
The version of wcl2wbt.dll is 6.7.3.0 - this is the same as the library version.

Do you have any other hints as to why this might be occurring?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
Hi,

I have just checked it again with WD drivers. It may appeared on your side by following reasons:

1. You have wcl2wbt.dll from previouse WCL version somewere in your system so lib loads old DLL instead of new one.
2. WidComm driver is not loaded yet but you already calls it. Try to make radio enumeration after OnLoad event fired.

MattWhitfield

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
Hi

I didn't find any other wcl2wbt.dll instances on my machine, but removing the reference to wcl from my application and adding it again then made it work, even though the properties of the reference showed the correct version number before removing it. Might be one to add to the FAQ?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I will add this to FAQ.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7