Author Topic: Issues with WCL and Toshiba stack  (Read 20315 times)

Sebastian Herp

Re: Issues with WCL and Toshiba stack
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
Hello Mike,

you are right. The customer had no idea how to use the bluetoothclientdemo correctly :-)

But I had a Teamviewer session with him and the problem is now a lot clearer to me. Apparently it will always hang if I try to open a connection while disconnecting. If I wait long enough until the bluetooth icon in the taskbar turns from blue to white, everything is ok.

I also noticed that the connected device is unable to send data while the pc-software is crashing/hanging. If I reset the device or disconnect via the taskbar icon, everything seems to be ok again.

So the question seems to be: do we have to wait for the OnDisconnect event with Toshiba stacks before reconnecting again?

Greetings

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Hi,

That is exactly I wrote erly :) You have to wait wait Discovery operation done and then connect/pair/discover (do other operation).

if you need to connect to the same device - then you have to wait OnDisconnect event fires (or OnConnect with Error).

if you need to connect to other device - wait when connection to first one will be established (OnConnect fires with or without success).

When connections are done - you can exchange data with both (or more) devices at the same time.

P.S. Can you tell me more about crash? It looks like a bug if app crashes/dies.
P.P.S. I had nothing in mind about customer's qualification :) Just thought you/he has understand what I meant on "parallel operations"

Sebastian Herp

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:22:08 PM »
Ok, my "reading qualification" this late on a friday isn't that good either.

The application we wrote just hang with "no reaction" ("keine R

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »
Can you send me your app on mike@btframework.com - I'll take a look on it here. As It uses just SPP profile I guess it can connect to any Cell Phone (does not matter if it can not communicate), cann't it?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
Have just played with BluetoothClientDemo and Toshiba v71004T_20091210_x64 and SE K750i. Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. All works fine :(

Sebastian Herp

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 12:31:37 AM »
I can tell you that it seems to work now that I disabled any interaction with the bluetooth functions while connecting or disconnecting. The Toshiba stack apparently really dislikes multitasking while the other stacks didn't complain in my tests.

BluetoothClientDemo did hang when our software "killed" the connection. We had no problem when BluetoothClientDemo was the only software making a connection.

So everything is fine now. Thank you very much for the hints :-)

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 06:37:58 AM »
Great that you get it working. And yes, toshiba is worst stack at all.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7