Author Topic: Send file to Blackberry phone (eg 8900) over Bluetooth  (Read 6976 times)

alexey_gusev

Send file to Blackberry phone (eg 8900) over Bluetooth
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
Hello Mike,

I've got few BB phones with no OBEX Push profile. Could you please tell me if there is any way with WCL to send a file to such devices?

Ideally I'd prefer to mimic "keyboard-less" BT device and pair in some automatic way without any user interaction. Is that possible? And if not, how can I send the file at all?

I've tried with practically all demos from the latest WCL version, most of them fail with "service not found" error (as expected), sometimes it succeeds to pair with BB.

Any ideas are welcome :)

Alex

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Send file to Blackberry phone (eg 8900) over Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:47:47 AM »
Hello,

1. No, it is impossible.
2. No way to pair without any user action on device.
3. Absolutely correect as it has no OPP profile.

There is no miracle. If device has no OBEX (OPP or FTP) frofile you can not sen dany file to it by Bluetooth (with or without WCL). However you may try to implement Blackberry protocol. Bu there are much more security in addition to PIN. To prevent your question: WCL will never include BB protocol as it is out of our interests.
Pairing. by default BB has BT turned off. Even user turn it on the BB has no one service running and it may not be possible to pair. Only when user starts receiving you can pair and send.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7