Author Topic: wclRfCommClient not working with 7.5.8.0  (Read 47 times)

Offline sommerat

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
wclRfCommClient not working with 7.5.8.0
« on: December 06, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
We updated to the latest version and had to find out that wclRfCommClient is not working any more because of some Version mixup. e.g. discovery still works
I confirmed the exception also occurs with the Demo Solution!

unfortunatly the message is in german because our VS is german but I think the main part of the exception is readable:
Quote
BindingFailure ist aufgetreten.

Message: Der Assistent f

Offline Mike Petrichenko

  • Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3092
  • Karma: 1000
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: wclRfCommClient not working with 7.5.8.0
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:46:56 PM »
Hello,

Uninstall BluetoothFramework completly. Make sure you removed all Bluetooth Framework DLLs (wclCommon.dll, wclCommunication.dll and wclBluetoothFramework.dll). Also make sure you removed them from build folder as well. Install latest version again. Rebuild your project.

Offline sommerat

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Re: wclRfCommClient not working with 7.5.8.0
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »
Hi Mike,

with the recent update to version 7.5.9.0 the problem disappeared.
we did not have to uninstall or delete anything; just install the new version and use the new dlls in our project.

thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

  • Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3092
  • Karma: 1000
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: wclRfCommClient not working with 7.5.8.0
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »
As I wrote you had to reinstall and rebuild projects. The issue appeared because of version changed. 7.5.9.0 we did rebuild on our side and Visual Studio updated version numbers.

The other posssible reason is that when you installing 7.5.8.0 some DLLs were bosy by VS or something. So installer was not able to overwrite required files. When you installed 7.5.9.0 the  DLLs were not busy so installed could overwrite old DLLs with new ones.

 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9