Author Topic: wierd behaviour of the proximity sender  (Read 9106 times)

jordi120

wierd behaviour of the proximity sender
« on: September 14, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »
Hi Mike,

I was testing my app i a computer (windows vista, microsoft stack), and started to do wierd things, so I get the proximitySenderDemo, to see if it was something about my app, or about the wcl. The thing is:

The proximity sender seems to go nice, but a lot of times doesn't send anything, but i get a lot of wierd responses of the mobile devices (2, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 117... ), but the mobile devices are accepting each request from the computer. Some times this request doesn't arrive, some times arrives, but the computer doesn't get the mobile response (you accept the obex request,but doesn't happen anything) and throws a timeout (43).

I didn't find out when or why happens this. If I use the obex sender thread, it works fine, and if I use the microsoft software for sending files throught bluetooth, it works fine too.

Any sugestions?

Thanks you

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: wierd behaviour of the proximity sender
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for detailed description.

There are lot of things why you got sich result. So please:

1. Test our TextBlue software. Does it give the save result? (as it uses VCL edition so we avoid .NET issue or confirm it)
2. What devices/phones did you use? (models)
3. How many devices where around?
4. Did you use default parameters of demo app?

Thank you for answering my questions so I can start debugging it and fix possible issue.

jordi120

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:40:06 PM »
Since is not my computer I won't be able to test textblue today.

2, the models where Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (something like that). Samsung... i don't remember the model. And other called ZTE but this one requires password, so this is not counting. The main problem is the nokia, because almost ever works fine with it, with the samsung, the owner said me the same.

3 There was around 6 devices, three of them were the previous mentioned.

4 I was testing diferents configurations. I changed the max connections, from 7 to 6, 5 and 4. I changed also all the times, but it made no difference.

I thing (not sure about this), when I stopped the proximity sender, and started again, started to work fine at first, but suddenly started to behave wierd.

One question,

Is recomended another Edition that the .Net of the WCL to improve the application compatibility (like the VCL edition). Apart from the need of the .Net Framework of course.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:22:23 PM »
Ok, thanks you. I will test it today and tomorow and back to you with result.

jordi120

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
One question,

Is recomended another Edition that the .Net of the WCL to improve the application compatibility (like the VCL edition). Apart from the need of the .Net Framework of course.

By the way, I've tested in the others computers with the same especifications and found nothing wierd, dunno what can be the problem

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »
It may be .NET edition issue. Even it uses the same code. I do not recomend to use other just to make sure that it is not .NET issue.

So it works on other PCs? May be dongle?

jordi120

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
We also used two diferents usb's, one called 'Sena', and a Emtec dongle

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Hi

Have just tested .NET Proximity Sender Demo. It works good on our side. May be there is something with USB/Dongle?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7