Author Topic: PIN BlackBerry  (Read 9907 times)

rider

PIN BlackBerry
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
I'm having a great doubt over the use of the safety pin. I'm having trouble with blackbarry who always asks for the pin. In your demo application you have an option "Secure wclProximitySender.Secure: = True 'checked that drives the pin, but when I trigger this check all appliances pair want to receive or request any pairing. It would not have a way to only accept such appliances as blackbarry pin because he only calls and other models.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:21:30 PM by Mike Petrichenko »

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: PIN BlackBerry
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »
Hello,

You may not check this option. In this case only BB will ask for PIN.

rider

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »
Hello,

You may not check this option. In this case only BB will ask for PIN.

So if I do not select "Secure wclProximitySender.Secure" with true and just putting a default password that the staff claims to be 123 for apparatus blackubarry it will work? That is the only blackbarry identify this password? Is it necessary to pair devices blackbarry? they do not know how to proceed in this case.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »
If you set that flag to false, add wclAuthenticator and provide default pin in OnPinRequest even handler then it will detect that BB needs PIN and try to pair with PIN provided. Of course, on the BB side user must provide the same PIN. It works no only with BB but also with Samsung which may need auth too, with Motorola and some others. There is no way to avoid pairing with BB (and some other devices).

rider

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
If you set that flag to false, add wclAuthenticator and provide default pin in OnPinRequest even handler then it will detect that BB needs PIN and try to pair with PIN provided. Of course, on the BB side user must provide the same PIN. It works no only with BB but also with Samsung which may need auth too, with Motorola and some others. There is no way to avoid pairing with BB (and some other devices).

So let me get this straight, if I put the pin 123 wclAuthenticatorPINRequest if a device pin and only request the pair putting the customer 123 that the communication be established?

Then the component itself wclAuthenticator identifies this transaction without me having to set the secure property to true or false does not force the other to put the pin devices only those who request it.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »
1. Yes, correct. Only if user enters the same PIN.
2. wclProximitySender trys to connect without PIN. if not possible then it connects with PIN (if Secure = False). wclAuthenticator just handles PIN requests and allows you to provide PIN. Otherwise PIN Popup window appears (from BT driver).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7