Author Topic: Protect WCL files from copying  (Read 13856 times)

fabiorov

Protect WCL files from copying
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
How do I protect my bought WCL files included in my application from other user to copy and use it?

For example a have a software that I made with WCL and I have to re-distribute it with WCL files. A programmer can explorer the executable folder path and copy the files to use them. How can I protect them?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Protect WCL files from copying
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
Please, do not duplicate the topics.

As I wrote we do not sell any protection software. We can recomend to use Nice Protect or WinLicense to protect your software (and WCL can be wrapped as well).

From the other side. If you use WCL C++ or WCL VCL you do not need to protect it as it is impossible to use WCL without headers and LIB (for C++ version) and without DCUs for VCL version.

If your application is .NET then protection (even with Key or Code) is absolutely useless as it needs just a few minutes to desassembly your .NET app (let say with .NET Reflector) and find the key. Any person who can use WCL.DLL from .NET can find the key.

If you use COM version - the situation is the same. Just few minutes with VB Decompiler and you know all you need.

We don't think that addining any Registration Key protection into WCL will give any real protection. In fact it will bring just lot of problem to our customers and will never protect WCL.

goperfect

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
..what about license-rights? I mean: if someone copies wcl-files from my project and use them, who is liable for that illegal use of wcl?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
The person who copied it and use without rights of course.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7