Author Topic: Incoming data stream "interrupted" (OnData not called)  (Read 12263 times)

dartecs

Incoming data stream "interrupted" (OnData not called)
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
My application communicates to a sensor that sends measured values using Bluetooth. I connect to the sensor, then send a "Start" command to it and from then on I receive data (approx. 80 bytes per second).

The application works fine and the wclClient.OnData is fired several times per second. But every few minutes wclClient.OnData stops to be called for some time (about 10 to 100 seconds) and after that everything is back to normal: wclClient.OnData called again regularly.

I tested with different brands of BT USB sticks and the error seems to occur with one of them only: SENA UD100 Bluetooth USB Adapter. This adapter uses the "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba", version 8.00.12(T). OS is Windows 7 32bit. Programming language is C#.

Is there any known bug in receiving data when using the WCL with this Toshiba stack?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Incoming data stream "interrupted" (OnData not called)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your report. I will check that our and back to you. Unfortunately we didn't face any such issue with Toshiba. I guess its something with internal Toshiba data buffer but have to check first.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
Hello,

I have tryed to reproduce your problem but unfortunately without success as I don't have any device working like your. But I did tests with OBEX ObjectPush (Sending file from Cell to PC and from PC to cell). It works more or less the same way (lot of short packates during all the sending time). Unofrutnately I couldn't face any locks during file sending may be because it is bi-directional process. Will keep looking onto it.

dartecs

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
Hi

I have done some additional testing on my side: I have uninstalled the "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba". Since then I have never faced the problem anymore. So it seems the problem realy is in the Toshiba Stack.

SENA, the manufacturer of my UD100 Bluetooth Adapter, recommends to use that Toshiba Stack. I will contact SENA now about this problem.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Its great that the issue appears only with Toshiba. I'll try to ask Toshiba directly as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7