Author Topic: Usage of the PBAP profile?  (Read 14864 times)

MiniMatrix

Usage of the PBAP profile?
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:59:33 PM »
Is it possible to use the PBAP profile with your Bluetooth implementation? If not, is it planned?
Which Bluetooth profiles are implemented in your VCL components?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Usage of the PBAP profile?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Hello,

You can find list of supported (implemented) Bluetooth Profiles by the following link: http://www.btframework.com/bt.htm

WCL can support PBAP profile but you have to implement some things by your self. We have started adding this profile to WCL but it does not look urgent for us. If it is urgent for you we can add it for you more or less fast.

MiniMatrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
Hi,

and thanks for your reply, Mike.

What I like to do is the following:

Connecting my iPhone with my computer via bluetooth (Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)) or cable (usb - possible?) to read the phonebook list from it.

After that, I would like to use the "Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) to communicate with it. I would like to make a call (initiate), answer a call, like to be informed about incoming calls (transfering callers number). And I would like to know, if the iPhone is busy (call active) or not.

By the way: I am a total newbie in this theme, so please excuse me for stupid questions or things written by me.

I hope to make it with a component library like WCS, but my backgrounds are too little.

In the list of supported profiles of WCL is written that HFP is supported only for BlueSoleil driver. What does this meen? Different driver confuses me at the moment. I would like to use it with MS Windows OS (XP, Win7, Win8 - 32 & 64 Bit - if possible).

Please tell me, if my wishes above can be realised with WCL. And if so, is it possible to take your started work a  l i t t l e  bit higher in your priority list, than it is actual, because it is not urgent for me.

Implementing some things by my self could be possible. What should be done (I am not a newbie in Delphi).

Thx for reply

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »
Hi,

With regards to HFP and related things. As you may know there are few Bluetooth drivers work on Windows platform. Popular are BlueSoleil, Microsoft, Toshiba and WidComm. WidComm works only on Win XP. On Vista, Win 7 and Win 8 even when WidComm is installed it is actualy works as extention of Microsoft drivers. So WCL supports these 4 popular BT drivers.

HandsFree implementation is different on each driver. Actualy only BlueSoleil supports it well. Even Toshiba and WidComm delare support for HFP by our experience it does not work good (we are working on this matter but I have no idea when it can be available on those drivers because a lot of bugs in drivers itself, not in WCL). So full HFP support is available on BlueSoleil only. Full support means that WCL supports all HFP features including voice transfering from PC to Phone and from Phone to PC.

If you need just palcing/receiving a call (all HFP features except voice transfering) then WCL can work with any supported BT driver: BlueSoleil, Microsoft, Toshiba, WidComm. Take a loon on GSM Modem demo.

With regards to iPhone and PBAP. I think we can finish it (for testing purpose) in about 2 weeks. Of course, you can do it by your self by it requires some knowlages in at least OBEX protocol. So I think we try to finish it by ourself first.

I do not think that you can access Phonebook on iPhone through USB so easy as through PBAP as iPhoen has own USB protocol. I guess that there should be sources for that at least for Linux so it can be somehow translated/converted for Delphi/Windows.

MiniMatrix

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Hi,

this sounds great. So I will wait for your upcomming additions. Please inform here, if the PBAP profile can be tested with the trail version of WCL.

Thx.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »
Hi,

Yes, I will do. It does not take too much time.

MiniMatrix

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:52:47 PM »
Hi,

are there any plans to support the Headset profile (HSP) also?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »
Hi,

Depends on what you need. If you would like to connect to HandsFree device (not to cell) then it is possible in latest WCL version available on our site.

MiniMatrix

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
Hi,

I always thinking about, how to connect my PC with a cell phone. The first idea was to connect my iPhone with the PC. Here we have to use HFP because this is the only way for an iPhone to be "connected" with the PC, if I would like to "MakeCall", "DropCall" and so on - like a little telecommunication system - mostly if there is no one there (when I am on the road :-) or by the customer inhouse). This seems to work with the hands free profile as I tested yesterday evening with a compiled version of your HFP Demo.
Great, but not every cell phone supports this profile. So I thought an other way to realise it would be to use the Headset profile - sorry for probably missunderstood of what it is for, the fog in my brain hasn't cleared enough to ask the right questions.

Am I wrong with it, that via Headset profile a call can be created (MakeCall), dropped, answered, the ringing call number is being transfered? This is what I like to do (I think I haved read that some AT commands are possible to execute with this profile. Right?)

The third way would be - i think - the GSM way using AT commands for that. But this is also not supported by all cell phones.

Thx for clearing my brains fog :-)

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
Hi,

HFP (HandsFreeProfile) supported by any cell which has Bluetooth. So this is the right way to connect to a cell and make calls and transfer audio data.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7