Author Topic: Wifi Framework  (Read 13244 times)

2inept

Wifi Framework
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
Is there a WifiFramework forum?

If not, I tried running the WifiHostednetwork demo but I always get error: 461 when I click Open.

Not sure why this is though, can you help?

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Wifi Framework
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 11:00:05 PM »
Hello,

The 461 error means WCL_E_WIFI_HN_RES_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE

WCL_E_WIFI_HN_RES_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE
A wireless interface has become unavailable. This reason code is returned by the wireless Hosted Network functions any time the network state of the wireless Hosted Network is
hnUnavailable. For example if the wireless Hosted Network is disabled by group policy on a domain, then the network state of the wireless Hosted Network is hnUnavailable.

Probably your WiFi adapter is disabled or does not support Hosted Network features. Also you may not have enough rights to work with Hosted Network on your system. Try to run demo with Administrator rights.

2inept

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
Thanks, Interestingly I do have this working now, but not until I'd manually created a hosted network using netsh wlan set hostednetwork

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
Aha, that is known problem on Windows (also known as "Unable create hosted network profile"). Usualy it appears because user that runs application has no rights to create new hosted network profile file. When you run netsh it elevates privilegies and can create profile file. After that any app with even less privilegies can work with hosted network.

Unfortunately that is something outside WCL or even Windows WLAN API/SDK. Not bad idea is to add privilegy increasing (SYSTEM is good enough) code into your application (may be even it is not bad to add such code into WiFi Framework).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7