Author Topic: Enumeration of available networks  (Read 14431 times)

rajeshkumar

Enumeration of available networks
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Hi Mike,

While enumerating available networks, it looks like client is listing only windows cached networks and it took time to list the newly available network or until i manually open available network window. Is there a way to get all networks immediately or how to force windows to refresh network list cache.

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Enumeration of available networks
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:57:34 PM »
Hi,

Yes, enumerating network always returned list with already/previously scanned networks. To refresh the list you have to "Scan" the networks. So call Scan method. You can use wclWiFiEvents class to handle events and see when scanning completed and it is a time to enumerate scanned networks.

rajeshkumar

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.
I applied your solution and it lists newly available network immediately but when a network become unavailable it is not removing it from the list.

And the strange thing is that I am facing this on few devices not all and all devices are windows 10. Is there anything that i am missing?

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Hi,

It may need time to be removed from the list. Also if network has stored profile it may always appear in the list. Use wclWiFIEvents to see which networks are really available.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7