Author Topic: BLE packet loss on receiving notifications  (Read 3423 times)

Offline mohammad_hosein1

BLE packet loss on receiving notifications
« on: March 15, 2022, 02:44:09 PM »
Hello dear mike,
I am evaluating the WCl Bluetooth Framework (.NET version). I have an ECG device which is from the company that I work in and it sends ECG signals as notifications using GATT custom service and the length of each packet is 208 bytes.

I was able to use the WPF gattClient app which came with the library itself to print the data on a console window. There is a random amount of packet loss (ranging from zero to 40 packets per minute) on my own laptop which is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16. The same behavior was observed on the desktop application I wrote using UWP Bluetooth APIs. I am aware that it is not possible to change the connection interval on windows 10 but other than that is there any way to receive notifications in a more stable setup? Do you have any advice on reducing or eliminating the packet loss?

Also it is important for us to receive the data as fast as possible so we can show the signals in real-time on the display.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: BLE packet loss on receiving notifications
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »
Hello,

In fact we have never seen any data lost during notifications. However it is possible because Notifications does not guarantee data delivering. If you need to be sure that data is received you should use Indication instead.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7