Author Topic: Connectable, Discoverable and Proximity Sender  (Read 13150 times)

dsum

Connectable, Discoverable and Proximity Sender
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:30 AM »
Hi,

I was trying to use the Proximity Sender though a BlueSoleil drive, and Widcomm drive. When the ProximitySender_DeviceAccepted fires, I get no devices back. However, if I use MS Stack, it works.

Isn't ProximitySender works for BlueSoleil and Widcomm drive? When I try to access the Raio.Connectable() property, I got a "Feature is not supported" message. Is this related? How do I know which dongles, or drivers supported by ProximitySender.

Thank for helping,
dsum

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Connectable, Discoverable and Proximity Sender
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:25:21 AM »
Good day!

ProximitySender support all drivers. May not work with BlueSoleil 5.X and high.

"Feature not supported" means that the driver does not support this feature. Connectable/Discoverable completly supported only by MS drivers. Partial supported by Toshiba (read only).

dsum

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:33:00 AM »
I thought the WCL framework supports multiple Proximity Sender, please correctly me if I am wrong?
Wouldn't it make sense that Proximity Sender should able to work with BlueSoliel and Widcomm as well?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »
You are correct, for Developer version it support.

Yes.

dsum

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 03:11:17 AM »
Does the demo version support it? I am having trouble of sending file using Widcomm or BlueSoleil API.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »
Yes, of course. The demo app support MassSender. What is the problem you have with BlueSoleil and WidComm? You can test it in easy way by downloading this application: http://www.fexmax.com. The application written with using the ProximitySender and works with MS/WD/BS and Toshiba (not tested with last one :) ).

dsum

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:14:05 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try by testing the fexmax tool.

Here is one situation where I use the WCLDemo, a BlueSoleil Drive (ver 2.3 release 060728), a class I bluetooth dongle, and a Sony Ericsson Z710i. The cellphone is paired already and has visibility to true .

In the WCLDemo, I click the "LOAD" to see the available API and click Enum to find the dongle.  After I selected the radio with no connectable or discoverable feature, I click on the Proximity Sender tab. I added a test file and click on start.

From the Proximity Sender log, this is what I get:
Started
Discovery started
Discovery complete:
(00:18:13:25:08:E4)
(00:19:632A:15:07)
Accept device (00:18:13:25:08:E4)
Accept device (00:19:632A:15:07)
Accepted devices:
Sleep started
Sleep done
Discovery started
Discovery complete:
Accepted devices:
Sleep started

There were 2 cellphones within range, including mine.

In the code, wclProximitySender_DevicesAccepted(), the wclSpamDiscoveryCompleteEventArgs return 0 device everytime.
In addition, the BlueSOleil Service main window (the program that run BlueSoleil) will automatically run when I Load the API using WCLDemo. When I start the Proximity Sender, it will freeze. Even when I click stop. it continue to freeze, forcing me to kill the BlueSoleil process.

However, if I switch the API to MS Stack, it works as excepted. So I am guessing Promixity Sender may not work with the BlueSoleil drive. Which version of BlueSoleil or Widcomm drive does ProximitySender work?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Good day!

Thank you for your very detailed report.

I will check it ut and fix the problem. The ProximitySender developed for work with all drivers. I have tested it with BS 2.3 and it worked here. I will check it again. It ssems like a bug and not like a driver problem, because ProximitySender, I repeat :), must work with BlueSoleil.

dsum

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:07:52 AM »
Thanks for replying my message.

In case you are interested. I also installed WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 1.4.1 Build 6, and MS Stack.

The other problem (not related to WCL) I have is that one of my dongle like to use the BS drive instead of the WIDCOMM drive. I often have to reinstall the correct WIDCOMM drive for this particular dongle, so that at the end I can have 3 dongles on the same machine.

I hope you can solve the issue soon.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »
Seems to be fixed. Try to re download the library.

dsum

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 03:34:43 AM »
Hi,

Thanks, it seems like I have been running a older version. The newest one that I download works.

DS

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7