Author Topic: Is it possible to dial a number through a paired mobile phone  (Read 8583 times)

SamH

Is it possible to dial a number through a paired mobile phone
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
I am new in this so please be gentle.

I was able to pair my mobile phone with my pc through bluetooth using the demo application. I'd like to find out if:

1. Can I dial a number from my mobile phone? If yes, how?
2. Is it possible to send a SMS message?

I've being trying to find documentation on WCL.net without too much success. :-(

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Is it possible to dial a number through a paired mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:56:08 AM »
Good day!

1. Yes. it is possible. Use ATDT command. It was already described on this forum, please use seacrh.
2. Yes, it is possible too. Unfortunatelly WCL does not have SMS implementation yet, but you may use BTF (the libraries can work together).

The doscumentation is a bit problem for now. Soon will done.

SamH

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:40:16 AM »
Thanks. Did not know what I was doing.

The mistake I made was on the client tab, I needed to click on the Open button to establish the connection before I could send the AT command.

Once that's done, I was able to dial with ATDT command to a land line. But when I tried to dial to my another mobile phone, I got the message "No Carrier".

To make sure this is not related to any hardware or mobile phone services plan, I installed a shareware, Blue-tooth PC Dialer, and then was able to dial my land line and mobile phone.

So it must be related to how the phone number was dialed.

I know this is not related to WCL any more but still any help will be greatly appreciated.

SamH

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 07:02:50 AM »
I found the solution. I need to specified that this is a voice call by placing a semi-column ';' at the end of AT command as described in GSM modem standard. So  by sending At command like "ATDT1234567890;", I was able to call my mobile phone.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »
Absolutly. Also the other way is to connect to handsfree gateway service instead SPP/DUN, then you do not need to use ";"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7