Author Topic: BUG  (Read 12001 times)

cyp

BUG
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »
Hello, I identified a problem in wclProximitySender. Yesterday I was making a test of stress. Some devices connecting and accepting archives. However an error occurred. A on device with bluetooth accepted the archive automatically, without asking. However it does not finish of the transference and this made with that the component was stopped for indeterminate time without finish, nor to cancel and nor to pass to the next one. As this is an application to run in second plain must exist a form to make this if the component not to conclude transf. in 30 (x sec) seconds to play the devices for rejected. The property timeout was filled however it did not function in this specific device.

Remember the device accept transfer of file but the transfer didnt finish so the component stooped.

There is a solution for that?

Thanks

cyp

Re: BUG
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »
I tryed again.

It?s happens when you accept the connection but you DONT Anwer the second request on cell phone that is "Accept file XXXX.jpg?" if you don?t anwer the software still waiting your decision and stoop to work. It don?t find other device, dont send other files.
There is one way to timeout the connection if user accept connection but don?t anwer the file transfer request?

To try.

Connect to cell fone - First request.
On second request - don?t anwer. You cell phone still on the request and the component stooped to work.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »
The demo version of the WCL has limitation for the total amount of sent/received data. So when the amut exited the library stops sending something.

cyp

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »
Hi Mike,

I will explain again.
   It is not a demo limitation. I open my app and i try it with my FIRST file and in one way it?s send a file and in other way tis crash. Why it not a Demo Limitation, it ?s a bug. Becouse it occurs when is not sending a file, when it?s sending (the user accept the request) it?s work fine. understood?. See below the exemple.

1) In this case it will work fine. You can try

1) Connect to Device
2) In cell phone accept the connection request
3) In cell phone accept or reject the FILE TRANSFER request
4) OK, the compenent send to the next device

2) In this case it?s it will NOT work and the component will stoop to respond.

1) Connect to Device
2) In cell phone accept the connection request
3) In cell phone DO NOT accept AND DO NOT reject the connection request.
4) WCL will not responde until the cell fone Accept or Reject the request.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:25:55 PM »
it is not a bug. How does the library know that you decided to do not accept or decline the file??? The library has no "mind reader" component as well as it does not have "future thinking" component. The ProximitySender waits when device does something: accept or reject the file.

Also, the ProximitySender in demo version works in "one-by-one" scenarious.

cyp

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
Component don?t have "mind reader". Sure! But can have something like in connection TIMEOUT. If i didn?t anwer in 10 seconds libary reject the file it?s better than stop to work. Like in connection if you don?t accept or reject in 20 second the libary cancel the connection and try to connect in other device, and in this case the libary do not have "mind reader" but works fine.
The problem is that if I accept the conection but not respond the transfer request the component will wait perpetual. Are not a way to cancel the connection if your don?t awnser nothing in X seconds in file transfer?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:11:58 AM »
Currently it is impossible.

cyp

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Hello Mike,

I saw in your site that Personal version (that there is ProximeSender) is Preview. Is it possible buy now Personal version? What lacks in Personal Version?
   I?m having serius problem, and i think that many user will have too with this problem that while one cell phone don?t accpet or reject a file the component still waiting. Becouse I pretends to install it in a show 2.000 people, if this problem occur in first cell phone all other will not receive. Is not possible to fix this, to set a timeout to user accept or reject a file? I will help me and other user A LOT. Please think about, your compenent is very, very great but becouse this small problem all application will be waiting user all time.

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »
Good day!

Personal version has Preview status because not all features are impleted yet.

Regarding your question: you can implement the functional you need with using wclBluetoothDiscovery and wclOPPClient components. Then it will work exactly as you need. wclProximitySender works so and currently there is no way to make it working different.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7