Author Topic: BlueSoleil and concurrent connections  (Read 8936 times)

Talal

BlueSoleil and concurrent connections
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »
Dear Mike,

1) Problem:

I have the following problem in my application with BlueSoleil stack:

I'm using multithreading with object push client to connect to multiple devices at the same time.

when using Bluesoleil stack and testing connectivitiy to cell phones I face the following:

only one conneciton request is reaching it's destination, the other device is not showing any connection request from my computer.

if I do no action or reject the request on the first device, the stack will return the following errors:

- "General Failure" for the first device.
- "Bluetooth is busy with browsing services or connecting to a device" for the second device (although nothing was shown on the cell phone screen).

I hope you can help.

I'm using the following:
WCL LITE .Net V 6.0
BlueSoleil product Version 1.6 and stack Version 5.04.05.20050408
Windows XP SP2
MSI Dual Net Card (wireless and Bluetooth support)

2) Question:
Is there a way of using micorosft stack or widcomm stack with the above hardware (MSI Dual Net Card - http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=Dual_Net_Card)

I tried looking for installation file with no luck, windows and widcomm setups didn't recognize that hardware :( ?

appreciate your help.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: BlueSoleil and concurrent connections
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:44:02 AM »
Good day!

BlueSoleil does not support concurrent operations. Yu should synchronize calls to BS stack (as well as to any other except MS). In WCL 6.2 it is fixed by using internal synchronization.

Any dongl ecan be used with MS stack: http://www.btframework.com/faq.htm

Talal

Re: BlueSoleil and concurrent connections
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »

Thank you for the information, I installed microsoft driver and the application is working as execpted.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7