Author Topic: WclClient.Connect() failing with WCL_E_SERVICE_NOT_FOUND  (Read 7175 times)

Thomas

WclClient.Connect() failing with WCL_E_SERVICE_NOT_FOUND
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
I'm evaluating WCL Developer edition for our application, but we need to make sure it can do what we need before purchasing.  I'm having trouble running your demo BluetoothClientDemo application with our bluetooth device.  Basically, we need an API that can communicate with our Leica DISTO device via bluetooth.  The sample application discovers the device and the service just fine.  However, the connection fails.  I'm trying to use the SerialPortServiceClass_UUID for WclClient.Service, but it always returns an error code 44.  In fact, I've tried to assign the UUID of the discovered service, but that doesn't work either.  Basically, the DISTO device communicates over a Bluetooth connection using serial communication.  When I run the SerialClientDemo, and test using the "Bluetooth Serial Port" it works just fine.  However, we're trying to get away from having the user deal with COM ports.  Instead we would like to have our application simply discover the device and work with it.  Can you tell me if WCL is supposed to work this way?  What are we doing wrong?  Thanks.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: WclClient.Connect() failing with WCL_E_SERVICE_NOT_FOUND
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
Good day!

It seems you are trying to use the service which does not supported by your device. If you would like we can do it online faster, contact me by MSN/ICQ/Yahoo and we setup it as you need. (Or fix the bug if it is there :) )

Thomas

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »
Sure... I don't mind working through this problem live.  I have a personal MSN account where we conference with Live Messenger.  Is that OK?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »
Of course it is ok. My MSN (Windows Live Messanger): mike@btframework.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7