Author Topic: Where is BFBluetoothCOMPortCreator?  (Read 11473 times)

Tidetracker

Where is BFBluetoothCOMPortCreator?
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
I have a Delphi 5.0 application, already written, that uses the COMport device, and I now want to connect to my remote device via Bluetooth.

1) An old post in this forum mentioned a BFBluetoothCOMPortCreator procedure or method... yet I don't see it listed in the documentation... is it still there, in the latest version?

2) If it still exists, are there simple examples of how to use it?

3) In my application, the remote device is only going to have it's bluetooth signal on for a limited amount of time. If my device is powered down, and then powers up to transmit data to the PC, how long does it take to reconnect.... and will the BTF be able to automatically reconnect? The PC application never knows when the remote device will want to communicate.

Thanks!

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Where is BFBluetoothCOMPortCreator?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »
Hi,

1. WCL does not include COMPortCreator. Use direct bluetooth connection instead. May be it will be available in one of next release. But for now it is not our goal.
2. See p.1.
3. WCL can not automaticaly reconnect but your application can. Handle OnDisconnect event and call Connect again. Connecting time depends on bluetooth drivers, dongle, target device and some other factors.

P.S. Bluetoth Framework is not supported any more, please use the latest version of the library. Now it is called Wireless Communication Library.

Tidetracker

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Quite honestly, although WCL could conceivably solve all my problems, I'm afraid I'm not that savvy of a Delphi developer to understand WCL adequately... and the documentation contains no examples. The package I downloaded does contain sample projects, but they seem to me to be complex and confusing.

Could you point to a very simple example, one that would show me how to establish a simple serial connectiion with a bluetooth device, read and write characters to/from the bluetooth device, and reconnect when my device powers up, if it was shut off while my application was running?

What's needed is a simpler tutorial, I think.... if it existed, I'd happily buy the license.

Thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
Please, see BluetoothConnection demo. It does exactly you need except "auto reconnect". But this is what you can add by just adding few code lines in OnDisconnect event handler.

P.S. If your device offers SPP (SerialPort Profile) service, changed this code line in demo:
wclClient.BluetoothParams.Service := DialupNetworkingServiceClass_UUID;
to
wclClient.BluetoothParams.Service := SerialPortServiceClass_UUID;

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7