Author Topic: BlackBerry  (Read 16112 times)

fcortez2004

BlackBerry
« on: July 11, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
I am using the library of the WCL 6.5.10 and the example proximity and I can not send a file to a blackberry (error 43,45,46). How?
Thanks Mike.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: BlackBerry
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »
BlackBerry has turned bluetooth off by default and will not receive any files without user action on it.

fcortez2004

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:29:54 PM »
When I turn the bluetooth the blackberry and the blackberry software is it shows a password to be entered. How about this?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
If you would like to send some file to blackberry you have to:

1. Turn BT on your device
2. Open the folder with content you want to recevie (on BackBerry)
3. From the menu select : "Enable bluetooth"
4. Pair PC and Blackberry.
5. Send file you want from PC.

The BlackBerry sofwafware does not require to send files with using WCL.

fcortez2004

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
ok, but I need from example ProximitySender1. Is possible?
Thanks Mike.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
Of course, if you do all the steps on your blackberry then proximitysender sends the file to device.

Nature

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »
Hi there,

I am trying to send to BlackBerry (Storm 9500) without using the Proximity Sender, I am using a wcl.wclOPPClient and handling the events

oClient.OnConnect
oClient.OnDisconnect
oClient.OnOBEXConnect
oClient.OnOBEXPutComplete

I am also using a wcl.wclAuthenticator to provide a PIN code of "0000" when requested.

I can make a delivery to the device only by the following sequence of steps
a) Set the Radio to be discoverable using the SetDiscoverable() method of wcl.wclBluetoothRadio
b) On the BlackBerry scan and pair with the PC (using PIN code = "0000")
c) On the BlackBerry go to the media player application then hit the blackberry button and select "Receive via Bluetooth"
d) Send using the wcl.wclOPPClient

Is there anyway to skip step (b) so that users do not have to proactively perform the pairing?

I am using:
WCL version = 6.7.0.0
Target device = BlackBerry Storm 9500
Bluetooth stack = Windows

Many thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
Hi,

You do not need to scan PC and pair with it from device. You can pair with BB from PC. And there is no way to send to the blackberry without pairing.

Nature

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
Hi,

I found the issue, it was because I was not setting

oClient.BluetoothParams.Authentication = true;

Although by setting this I know have another 'problem' some phones that I used to be able to delivery to without pairing now require PIN code entry an pairing when I try to send to them. So it seems that the wclAuthenticator always tries to pair even to devices that do not require pairing for receiving files by OBEX? Once paired these devices do receive the file so it is not a majour problem but it adds an extra unnecessary step for the recipient. Are there any settings I can change to make the wclAuthenticator only pair when necessary for OBEX?

Many thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
Hi,

It does not related to wclAuthenticator. It is related to how you connect. When you set Authentication = true you require for authentication connection alway, so it will alway need to be paired.

If you want valid action for all devices use wclProximitySender.

Nature

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
Sorry just realized I have posted this is in the wrong forum, I am using the c# version.

So the wclOPPClient will not cause the wclAuthenticator to pair unless you set "BluetoothParams.Authentication = true" and when you do it will always attempt to pair regardless of if pairing is needed or not. Is there a way I tell which devices will need pairing in order to receive files via OBEX, so that I can decide when to set this, since I want to avoid pairing where possible?

If not I will just attempt a normal connection and if that fails attempt to pair first then connect. Does that sound right?

Many thanks

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
Sorry just realized I have posted this is in the wrong forum, I am using the c# version.

No problem.

So the wclOPPClient will not cause the wclAuthenticator to pair unless you set "BluetoothParams.Authentication = true" and when you do it will always attempt to pair regardless of if pairing is needed or not. Is there a way I tell which devices will need pairing in order to receive files via OBEX, so that I can decide when to set this, since I want to avoid pairing where possible?

Yes. Unfortunatly it is how Bluetooth works. However, it depends on target device implementation, but usualy if you require for authenticated connection device will ask for PIN even it is possible to connect without authentication.

If not I will just attempt a normal connection and if that fails attempt to pair first then connect. Does that sound right?

This is absolutly correct and good way. Just one thing. Use wclAuthenticator. Try connect without authentication. If it fails set Authentication = true and connect with authentication, wclAuthenticator fires for Auth. connection request and you can provide PIN.

Nature

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
Okay understood, I'm implementing this process in my code now.

I expect it will work fine, the only overhead will be a short delay on some connections where I try twice but I think it is worth it for the improved user experience, thanks for the advice.

elvirvillaron

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
hi, im developing bleutooth sofwatre marketing i and have a wcl and i can't send files to smartphones, blackberries or iphones, do you know what is the problem? example.. i ran up my bluetooth software marketing then discover a samrtphone and ask a PIN (default is 0000) and no happens anything..:S thanks and best regards

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Its absolutely bad idea to spam forum and support with one question. We have already answred your question: http://forum.btframework.com/index.php/topic,1114.0.html

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7