Author Topic: Identification of cellular model and automatic refusal  (Read 9706 times)

luis

Identification of cellular model and automatic refusal
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:51:02 PM »

Mike, wanted to know if the library is able to somehow identify the phone model, ex motorola or nokia or htc, sony?

Second question and I used your lib demo on my system and I had a situation today that I did not understand, was in a mall and I sent a customer campaign, was about a search in the first 50 devices, I saw that most refused, but I had my hands on 3 devices nokias and saw that appeared to question the acceptance and soon disappeared, there was not time for me to click to accept, i may be in doubt if the apparatus of customers have had the same problem. I got your demo textblue and had the same problem. I saw that it sends as much but was very large it seems that he did not give the time required for the dipositivo accept or ignore the campaign. This is a bug or should I set otherwise the component giving a greater delay? I used to get an idea of the antenna trend net professional

I thank you for your attention ...

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Identification of cellular model and automatic refusal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »
Hi,

There is no way to detect model of target device.

Limit max processed devices (in TB). The same you have to do in your app with using WCL.

luis

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »

Mike, wanted to know if the library is able to somehow identify the phone model, ex motorola or nokia or htc, sony?

Second question and I used your lib demo on my system and I had a situation today that I did not understand, was in a mall and I sent a customer campaign, was about a search in the first 50 devices, I saw that most refused, but I had my hands on 3 devices nokias and saw that appeared to question the acceptance and soon disappeared, there was not time for me to click to accept, i may be in doubt if the apparatus of customers have had the same problem. I got your demo textblue and had the same problem. I saw that it sends as much but was very large it seems that he did not give the time required for the dipositivo accept or ignore the campaign. This is a bug or should I set otherwise the component giving a greater delay? I used to get an idea of the antenna trend net professional

I thank you for your attention ...

luis

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
Good afternoon Mike, I know that is not to pick up the phone model, but is there any way to capture the manufacturer of the device using VCL for Delphi?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
Hi,

As I already wrote lots of times there is no common way to know target device's model, manufaturer, size, screen resolution or anything else specified except you have a database with ALL MAC addresses for each model/manufacturer where you can compare MAC of founded device.

luis

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 07:07:14 PM »
thanks mike  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7