Author Topic: Problems with input/output connections  (Read 9858 times)

fabio.santini

Problems with input/output connections
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:21:59 AM »
Hi all,
I have a problem, list title said, within working with input and output connections at same time. I have no problems to receive a file, viewing demo with installer, and I integrated OPPServer demo in a sender demo. I also put to 6 max outgoing connections. Also reduced to 4 later.
The problem is bluetooth can become impossible to reach or impossible to resolve name. While, removing sender, it's working correctly. It seems wclProximitySender and wclOPPServer don't like to work together...

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Problems with input/output connections
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Hi,

Usualy it is impossible to use server and clients at the same time. Moreover, it is always impossible to discover and connect/accept connections at the same time.

To use Server and Client together without any issue use it on different dongles.

fabio.santini

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:46:17 AM »
In Windows is impossible handle more then one dongle with same driver, and if I remember good you told me in a service (project is a service) only Microsoft stack works correctly

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »
Absolutly right. But it is beyond of WCL control.

fabio.santini

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:03:25 PM »
Am I wrong if I remember a past post (not finding at the moment...) where I read it was possible only leaving one channel free for incoming connections?

Is limit of sending/receive a problem related to use of single dongle? Or can I "jump" this problem developing 2 application using the same dongle?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
If you use just ObjectPush without discovring/pairing. Discovering (and connect) operatios are exlusive. And driver may work wrong. As I told it is beyond WCL control as it is internal drivers implementation and Bluetooth specification (RF and HCI) limitations.

You can not use the same dongle from 2 applications because of the same reason I described above.

If you need client and server on the same dongle be ready that it may work not so good.

fabio.santini

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:21:20 PM »
I'm viewing your demo about OPP, and each time I need to discover. Have I chances to connect to OPP server at the end of discovery if I save MAC list of devices? If I push object into MAC can I receive data from other devices?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
It depends on your implementation. However, how your remote client will know that discovering it done and it is time to connect to server?

fabio.santini

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
I think it's simply impossible. Only way to try to make this works it's retry to send to server while it's free. Cause, really, I don't know how to solve this.
Plus, I need a loop of sending (like ProximitySenderDemo) while OPPThread discover and send only once

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:35:42 PM »
Only one way is good: use 2 dongles with different drivers. One for sending, other one for receiving.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7