Author Topic: Unable to design form  (Read 9254 times)

pshaw

Unable to design form
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »
I opened up the BluethoothClientDemo and ran it, which works fine.  But when I double click the main.cs form to look at the design I get this error:
 One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Could not find type 'wcl.wclAPI'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 

Could not find type 'wcl.wclBluetoothDiscovery'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 

Could not find type 'wcl.wclClient'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 

the manifest and wcl are in the references.  This is VS2005 running on a Vista machine running with Admin priviledges.  I also added wcl.dll into the Components toolbox to get the controls....still same issue.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Unable to design form
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
Hello,

Remove references to wcl.dll and .manifest file from project and then add it back.

pshaw

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »
Now I get this:
 One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Could not find type 'wcl.wclAPI'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built. 

Closer.  Also, when I opened up a new project and added a new form the controls are not there....do I need to put some dll in the IDE directory?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:59:12 AM »
Rebuild project as IDE asks (and make sure your added wcl.dll and .manifest file).

No, you do not need.

pshaw

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
Ok, i added back the references to manifest and wcl.dll (removed them per first instructions) built the project, build successful, but now back to the 3 errors that I started with when I try to view the form design.

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
Unfortunately I do not know why it happened (I have faced such issue erly but that was references issue and after re-add references all worked well).

If you would like we can check it with TeamViewer remote access session (www.teamviewer.com) (contact me online if you decide to check it with TM).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7