Author Topic: Pairing issue with Microsoft stack  (Read 6739 times)

david_dcl

Pairing issue with Microsoft stack
« on: May 20, 2015, 05:49:08 AM »
Hi Mike

In the last two days I've seen some strange behaviour while attempting to pair to a device. This does not happen all the time (it seems to be a state which the remote device and PC can get into, but I have not been able to work out how to get it into that state, once in that state it happens every a pairing is requested). When a request is made to pair with the device (->Pair()) the OnPinRequest event is raised, and then approximately three seconds later the OnNumericComparison event is raised. Pairing does not succeed and about 5-10 seconds after that a BSOD is triggered. Normally the OnNumericComparison is the only event which is triggered. So far every time both events have been triggered I get a BSOD.

I'm using CwclBluetoothDevice rather than the Authenticator class.

Any ideas?

Setup is Win7 (microsoft stack), wcl 6.13.10.0

Thanks
David

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Pairing issue with Microsoft stack
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:11 AM »
Hi,

Not sure it is something WCL related but take a lookm on device's MAC when events fire. May be other device trys to connect? Also if possible send me your code in OnPinRequest and OnNumericComparison events (to mike@btframework.com). Do you execute it in separate thread?

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: Pairing issue with Microsoft stack
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 06:34:48 AM »
Have just sent you a fixed file. Replace it in WCL sources (6.14) or add fxed lines into 6.13 by comparing old and new file. Let me know if that helps or not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7