Author Topic: V6 ClientData not working on Microsoft stack  (Read 11018 times)

JerryB123

V6 ClientData not working on Microsoft stack
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:38:50 AM »
Hello again,

I am finally starting to use WCL(v6.14.6.0 VCL) for another project and am running into a problem that I hope you can help with. The internal WndProc that calls DoData in TwclCustomConnection is not being called when the WCL_WM_DATA message is posted from the while loop in TwclCustomClientConnection.MicrosoftThread.

The WCL_WM_CONNECTED message that is sent before the while loop IS processed by the WndProc, but the WCL_WM_DATA does not get to the WndProc. The PostMessageW() with the WCL_WM_DATA does get called with the same window handle as the WCL_WM_CONNECTED PostMessageW call, but it does not seem to make it to the TwclCustomConnection.WndProc. In fact, no WCL_WM_DISCONNECTED is received by the WndProc either (but the data message is my main concern right now, since I cannot receive responses without it). Connecting again will Get another WCL_WM_CONNECTED message in the WndProc.

Another item that might be helpful (or not) is that when the debugger breaks at the PostMessageW within the MicrosoftThread procedure's while loop all the variables resolve to "Inaccessible value". But this is true when the messages are being processed or not. (The WCL_WM_DATA messages are never getting to the WndProc.)

Delphi7 on Win7, 64-bit; compiling to 32-bit target (since it is Delphi7) and running on same machine.

Thank you. I hope I have given enough information.
Jerry

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
Re: V6 ClientData not working on Microsoft stack
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:44:45 AM »
Hello,

Would be great to see your code. You can send it to mike@btframework.com

Also test OPPClient demo and BluetoothConnection demo: do they work?

JerryB123

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:10:26 PM »
Hello,

The problem was NOT with WCL.

My code had a tight loop that kept the messages from being serviced. It is not a code structure I normally use and I did not do it correctly.

I apologize for any stress I might have caused.
Jerry

Offline Mike Petrichenko

• Bluetooth Framework Developer
  • Administrator
    • Wireless Communication Libraries
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »

No problem at all. We always appreciate so detailed bug/possible bug reports that help us to fix/find possible issue in WCL. Even it is not in WCL we review the code and fix other bugs you did not see :0

So thank you for yuor report (in fact I personally found and fixed at leat 1 not critical bu possible bug).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7